Classes of hosting services
A hosting service entails storing and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server run by a hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different aims, so let's have a glance at them. In this way, you can choose what you need, depending on whether you desire to set up a web portal, e-mail address accounts, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a service supplied by particular hosts, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by exhibiting adverts by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given amount of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly mistaken explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the workload between different hosts of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending different website hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share a huge amount of pictures with buddies or associates since the solution is usually free. You will obtain a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to handling your e-mail aliases. Some providers provide website hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you wish to manage an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of CPU load, so with several video clips and a few hundred website viewers, you may have trouble with your site hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to own a site. To a certain degree, it contains all of the abovementioned hosting varieties since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and email box accounts, upload video files, etc. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific content only.